Outrage in Saudi Arabia after female British TV presenter becomes the first woman ever to read the news in the country without a veil
- Newsreader appeared on the Kingdom-owned Al Ekhbariya news channel
- Her bulletin prompted several news stories and storm of Twitter reaction
- Women often show their hair on Saudi TV including on foreign-made shows
- But it is thought to be first time state news presenter has been uncovered
- Channel released a statement and said the incident would not happen again
A newsreader has caused a stir in Saudi Arabia by shunning traditional Islamic dress to deliver a bulletin ‘bare-headed’.
The presenter was broadcasting from the London studio of Al Ekhbariya, a state-owned news channel which featured the Kingdom’s first female newsreader when it launched a decade ago.
Women often appear on Saudi TV without wearing headscarves or veils…
View original post 473 more words